There are limitless ways of baking chicken breasts, ranging from the simple to 3-michelin star quality of cooking. Below, we have listed two easy yet delicious baked chicken breast recipes to get you started.
3-ingredient Baked Chicken Breast Recipe
Busy moms who want a quick way of whipping up delicious home baked chicken, this recipe only requires three ingredients:
- 4 slices of chicken breasts (with bones and skin), cleaned and patted to dry
- C cup butter (plus more for coating the baking pan)
- About a tablespoon of combined salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
Coat the baking pan with butter, then arrange the breasts on the pan, then coat the breasts evenly with butter using a baking brush. If you do not have a basting brush, cut a part of butter on top of each breast.
Season with salt and pepper (or other seasonings of your choice).
Put in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes. Be careful not to overcook so it does not become dry. The breasts should ooze with juice when poked with fork.
Baked Chicken Breasts with Parmesan
If you want a healthy way of cooking breasts, this dish can be completed in just half an hour:
- 24 ounces of halved breasts plus 6 ounces of skinless, boneless breasts
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- C cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- T tsp. black pepper
- Cooking spray
- C cup pasta sauce, warmed
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Put a large baking sheet in the oven and let warm for about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, and pepper in a shallow dish.
In a separate glass bowl, combine garlic and oil, then microwave for about 30 seconds to release the fragrance of the garlic.
Dip breasts in garlic oil, then coat with breadcrumb mixture. Spray preheated baking sheet with oil. Put chicken on the pan, then coat with cooking spray.
Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with pasta sauce.
Five Tips for a Perfect Baked Chicken Breast Recipes
Chicken breasts are that part of the chicken which, when cooked properly, can give you a meal you'll never forget. However, when underdone, it may make you sick. When overdone, it's dry and tasteless. Here are tips on how to achieve a perfect dish.
- When cooking baked chicken breast recipes at home, follow suggested cooked time and internal temperature provided in the recipes.
- Remove the skin and bones – this is the best way to bake breasts.
- If you're using dry heat baking (high heat, short cooking time), pound the chicken to an even thickness first to ensure even cooking.
- Baking is typically done using dry heat or moist heat method. Dry heat baking uses high heat so the chicken should be cooked in a short period of time. Moist heat baking uses low heat, so the chicken should be cooked for a longer period of time.
- Brining the chicken is the best way to ensure juicy and moist chicken breast. If the chicken you bought has not been brined in the store, simply mix three tablespoons of salt with four cups of water. Submerge the breasts in the brine for about an hour.